VR Team | Aug 21, 2022 | 0 comments
Germany is a great Schengen country to visit if you are thinking of traveling to Europe. There are lots of places to explore, like Berlin, with shopping, museums and lovely places to eat. Head to Munich to experience Ocktoberfest or travel to the Alps for plenty of outdoor activities like skiing or hiking. In this article, learn more about how to apply for a Germany visa in India, Germany visa appointment booking, processing time at the Germany visa application center, flight itinerary for Germany visa, hotel bookings for a Germany visa, Schengen travel insurance for a Germany visa application, and Germany visa application process at the visa office in India.
Image by Michael Siebert from Pixabay
Germany Schengen Visas
These were the visa statistics for 2021:
Type of Visa
German visa applications processed by Schengen States worldwide
|Uniform Visa (UV)||346,284|
|Multiple Entry Visa (MEV)||253,021|
|Total UVs (including MEVs) issued||267,757|
|Limited Territory Visa (LTV)||18,774|
|UVs not issued||53,987|
|Rejection rate for UVs||15.9%|
|Share of MEVs||94.5%|
Statistics for individual embassies/consulates:
Applying for a Germany Schengen Visa from India
Indian nationals and nationals of other countries legally residing in India can apply for a visa to go to Germany in India.
Applications will be submitted to VFS Global who has offices located across India. The Indian Embassy makes the decision as to whether to approve visa applications. Your application will be sent to the embassy in whose jurisdiction your place of residence lies:
|Place of residence||Embassy responsible for processing visa applications|
|Haryana, Himachal Pradesh, Jammu and Kashmir, Punjab, Rajasthan, Sikkim, Uttar Pradesh, Uttarakhand as well as the Union Territories of Chandigarh, NCT of Delhi, Andaman and Nicobar Islands, Lakshadweep including Minicoy and Amini||New Delhi|
|Maharashtra, Gujarat, Goa, Madhya Pradesh, Chhattisgarh, Daman and Diu||Mumbai|
|West Bengal, Bihar, Jharkhand, Orissa, Assam, Arunachal Pradesh, Manipur, Meghalaya, Mizoram, Nagaland and Tripura||Kolkata|
|Karnataka and Kerala||Bangalore|
|Andhra Pradesh, Tamil Nadu, Telangana and Pondicherry||Chennai|
Visa applications should be handed in at least 15 days ahead of your desired travel time. It is possible to apply for your Schengen visa up to6 months in advance of your journey.
The processing time for short-term visa applications will usually take about 15 days. It is your responsibility to apply well in advance of your trip, so you have time to get the visa.
Types of Schengen visas offered at the Embassy Of Germany in India
The type of visa you will apply for will depend on why you wish to go to Germany. There are 3 types of visas available:
- Schengen “C” visa (short-stay) – for a holiday or business trip etc for up to 90 days
- National “D” visa (long-stay) – to attend university, work or join a family in Germany etc for over 90 days. Please visit VFS Global’s website for more information about this type of visa
- Airport Transit “A” visa– if you are transiting through a German airport on the way to another country
How Can I Apply for a Schengen Visa from VFS Global in India
Embassies in India have outsourced the receipt of visa applications to VFS Global. There are 7 steps to follow if you want to apply for a visa for Germany:
- Step 1 – Identify your visa type
- Step 2 – Begin your application
- Step 3 – Book an appointment
- Step 4 – Pay your fees
- Step 5 – Visit a Visa Application Center
- Step 6 – Track your application
- Step 7 – Collect your passport
Step 1 – Identify your visa type
Go to VFS Global’s website and click on “start now”
You will be directed to the step-by-step guide. Find your location and click on the relevant link:
From the drop-down box, select the visa you are applying for:
You will then be able to find out all the information you need to apply for your visa. For example, visa fees, documents required etc:
Step 2 – Begin your application
Return to the step-by-step guide and under “step 2” click on the link for the visa application form:
You will be directed to the VIDEX system where you can complete your application form:
Once completed, print off the following documents:
- Visa application form
- Barcode page
- Additional information form
Step 3 – Book an appointment
Making appointments with the embassy, consulate or visa application centre is generally free and can be done yourself. However, if you are running short of time or not sure which consulate to apply to or have no idea on how to get this done yourself then not to worry, we will make the appointment for you for a small service fee!
Booking a visa appointment using our services is pretty simple! All you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the link to schedule the visa appointment
- Submit the appointment details, the visa you are applying for, consulate you need the appointment for, the country you need the appointment IN and make the payment
- Receive appointment confirmation in email
You can also make an appointment on your own by following the steps below.
- Go to VFS Global’s website and click on the link to book an appointment
- On the next page, click on “book now”
- You will need to create an account if you have not done this already
- Sign in to make your appointment
Please note, the above method for booking appointments is for Schengen visas only. If you are applying for a national visa, contact VFS Global directly for an appointment.
Step 4 – Pay your fees
|Visa Category||Visa Fee in INR||Visa fee in Euros|
|Short Term (adults)||6700||80|
|Long Term (adults)||6300||75|
|Visa Fees Short Term|
(Children Between 6-12yrs)
|Visa Fees long Term|
(Children Between 6-12yrs)
Fees are paid in Indian Rupees and can change due to currency fluctuations.
Along with the visa fees, there is a service charge per visa application. You should check with VFS Global which fees apply at which office:
- VFS Logistics INR 1602/- (short-term visas)
- VFS Logistics INR 848/- (long-term visas – Bangalore)
- VFS Logistics INR 1224/- (If fingerprints have been given within the last 59 months)
- Service charge of INR 997/- (D-Visa Stamping – Bangalore)
- Optional Service Courier INR 502/-
- Optional Service SMS INR 107/-
- Optional Service Premium Lounge INR 2374/- (New Delhi) / INR 2261/-(Kolkata)
(All VFS’s service charges are inclusive of Goods & Service Tax –SGST @ 9% and CGST@ 9%)
Method of payment:
- Demand Draft (in favor ofVFS Global Services Pvt. Ltd)
- Visa, Master Card and Rupay
You should check the acceptable methods of payment with the VFS office you are dealing with.
Step 5 – Visit a Visa Application Center
On the day of your appointment:
- Arrive early
- Dress smartly
- Take your ID, visa application form and supporting documents
The visa officer will check your application and documents and take your fingerprints and photograph (biometrics).
They may ask you questions about your application. All you have to do is answer the questions honestly.
Typical questions include:
- What do you know about Germany?
- Do you have a planned itinerary?
- Who are you going with?
- What do you do in India?
Don’t jeopardize your Schengen visa interview at the last minute. Use this comprehensive and thorough visa interview guide to crack the visa interview!
Step 6 – Track your application
Once your application has been submitted to VFS Global, you can track its progress. Go to “step 6 – track your application” under VFS Global’s step-by-step guide:
Key in your reference number and last name:
Step 7 – Collect your passport
After a visa application decision has been made, you can pick up your passport from VFS Global or have your documents returned to you by courier for an additional fee.
If you choose to collect your passport in person, you need to take the following documents:
- Photocopy of Govt. ID card
- Application receipt
The decision will be either:
- Approved – your visa will be inside your passport
- Rejected – this would have been for a specific reason. You can submit a new application or appeal the decision within 1 month. See the embassy website for more information
Common rejection reasons include:
- Passport not valid for 3 months after trip – your passport must be valid for at least 3 months after your trip. If not, you need to get a new one before applying for your visa
- You do not have a legal right to live in India – to apply for a visa for Germany, you must be either a citizen or have the legal right to live in India
- Travel insurance insufficient – your travel insurance must cover at least 30,000 Euros (see below for full details)
- Pay slips not submitted – if you are employed, you need to prove this by providing your pay slips
You can find what supporting documents are required on the embassy’s website. There are checklists for you to refer to. Make sure you know what the requirements are for the visa you are applying for because they are different for each type of visa.
You should also prepare photocopies as well as providing the original documents, so don’t forget to do that too!
- Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months validity after the scheduled return; passports with observations regarding the front data page cannot be accepted) with at least two empty pages
- Personal covering letter with entire travel plan (itinerary)
- Minors: – If travelling unaccompanied by parent(s), consent letter signed by both parents & applicant; form signed by both parents; Copy of the parent(s)’ passports data page
- Leave letter of your company (if employed); No-objection certificate of school or university (if student);
- Round trip flight reservation, rail tickets, etc.
- Proof of accommodation such as a confirmed hotel reservationfor your entire stay in the Schengen area
- Travel health insurance – to cover any expenses which might arise in connection with repatriation for medical reasons, urgent medical attention and/or emergency hospital treatment or death. The insurance shall be valid throughout the territory of the Schengen States and cover the entire period of the person’s intended stay or transit. The minimum coverage shall be EUR 30,000
- 1 copy of your passport’s data page (A4 size copy)
- Proof of financial status: If employed: Payslips of the past three months / employment contract; If self-employed: Certificate of Proprietorship or other proof of ownership (proof of land title, proof of income from agriculture (sales form) etc.)
- Personal original bank statement of the past three months as proof of sufficient funds; Income Tax Return (ITR) form or Form 16 (Certificate of Income Tax deducted at the source of salary)
- Proof of civil status: Marriage certificate, birth certificate of children, death certificate of spouse, ration card (if applicable)
- 2passport photographs according to biometric specifications, not older than 6 months
- Invitation letter from the business partner in Germany in English or German
If you’re planning to obtain your flight reservation for visa without paying for the ticket, all you have to do is follow the 3 simple steps below:
- Visit the Visa Reservation website to choose the right package
- Submit the travel details and make the payment online
- Receive flight itinerary in email
As of Saturday, June 11, 2022, all COVID-19 entry restrictions to Germany will be provisionally lifted. From this date, entries to Germany will again be permitted for all travel purposes (including tourism and visiting trips). For entry into Germany, proof of vaccination, proof of convalescence or proof of testing is no longer required.
Always check for up-to-date entry requirements before you travel on the embassy’s website.
Contact Details of VFS Global in India
|VFS Global Office||Address||Hours|
|Ahmedabad||First Floor, Abhijit VI Near Parimal Garden Cross Road, Off C G Road 380 006 Ahmedabad||Monday to Friday, 09:00 – 15:00|
|Bangalore||22, Gopalan Innovation Mall, Bannerghatta Main Rd, Sarakki Industrial Layout, 3rd Phase, J. P. Nagar, Bengaluru, Karnataka 560076.||Monday to Friday, 08.00 – 13.00|
|Chandigarh||Closed until further notice||N/A|
|Chennai||Fagun Towers, III Floor, No 74 Ethiraj salai Egmore 600 008 Chennai||Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 1300|
|Cochin||1st Floor, Manoj Tower (Coastal Chambers), OppositeMercy Hotel M G Road, Ravipuram 682015 Cochin Kerala||Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 1300|
|Coimbatore||Closed until further notice||N/A|
|Goa||Closed until further notice||N/A|
|Gurugram||Closed until further notice||N/A|
|Hyderabad||8-2-700, Srida Anushka Pride, Rd Number 12, Banjara Hills Hyderabad, Telangana 500034||Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 15:00|
|Jaipur||Closed until further notice||N/A|
|Jalandhar||Closed until further notice||N/A|
|Kolkata||5th Floor, Rene Tower, Plot No. AA-I, 1842, Rajdanga Main Road, Kasba (Landmark: Near Geetanjali Stadium), Kolkata 700107 India||Monday to Friday, 09.00 – 14.00|
|Mumbai||VFS Global Services Pvt., Ltd 3rd Floor, Urmi Axis Building, Behind Famous Studio, Mahalaxmi (West), Mumbai 400 011||Monday to Friday, 08.00 – 16.00|
|New Delhi||Shivaji Stadium Metro Station, Mezzanine Level Baba Kharak Singh Marg, Connaught Place 110001 New Delhi||Monday and Thursday, 10.00 – 14.00|
|Puducherry||Good Shepherd Square, I Floor No.33, East Coast Road, Elaipillaichavady, (Opposite to Rajiv Gandhi Govt Hospital) 605 005 Puducherry||Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 13:00|
|Pune||93 Avenue Mall,4th Floor, Kalubai Chowk, Near Fatima Nagar Junction, Wanowarie, Pune-411022||Monday to Friday, 08:00 – 14:00|
|Thiruvananthapuram||Closed until further notice||N/A|
Contact VFS Global regarding the visa process on 022 67866013, between 08:00 to 17:00, from Monday to Friday.
For queries related to visa applications, to schedule National visa appointments and to get in touch with VFS Global via email, please go to their website.
To apply for a Germany Schengen visa from India, follow these simple steps:
- Step 1 – Identify your visa type
- Step 2 – Begin your application
- Step 3 – Book an appointment
- Step 4 – Pay your fees
- Step 5 – Visit a Visa Application Center
- Step 6 – Track your application
- Step 7 – Collect your passport
At Visa Reservation, we strive to simplify the visa process by providing free visa consultations, cover letter templates and no objection letter templates for our clients from US, UK, Canada, Philippines, India, China, UAE, Europe, Nigeria and globally. We also offer flight itinerary for visa, travel medical insurance, hotel reservations for visa , Book Visa Appointment, Travel Guides, Visa Interview Guides and many more. To learn more about how we can help you with our visa services, please feel free to contact us today.
Apply For France Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Italy Schengen Visa From India
Apply For Spain Schengen Visa From India
How do I book an appointment for German Schengen visa? ›
Appointments can also be booked by visiting VFS after service fee payments at the bank are completed or by sending the bank payment receipt to email@example.com along with the following documents and information: Passport Copy. Applicant's email address which needs to be used for booking an appointment.How can I book visa appointment from India to Germany? ›
For submission of your Schengen visa application at your nearest Visa Application Centre, please schedule an appointment at VFS Global by telephone (022-67866013) or online.How to apply for German visa step by step? ›
- Step 1: Checking the requirements. ...
- Step 2: Making an appointment at the German embassy or consulate. ...
- Step 3: Applying for a visa in your country of residence. ...
- Step 4: Coming to Germany. ...
- Step 5: Applying for your residence title.
VFS Global will process your visa application without a pre-booked appointment.How to get Schengen visa appointment easily? ›
Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most countries give you a chance to book an appointment online. On the other hand, in others, you will need to book the appointment in person at the embassy or consulate of your destination country.Can I walk in without appointment for Schengen visa? ›
Apply on Walk-in basis either without an appointment, before your scheduled appointment date or after missing your appointment date. This service allows applicants to submit their application without appointment, or before and after their scheduled appointment date, during opening hours of the Visa Application Centre.How long does it take to get German visa appointment in India? ›
The processing time for visa applications (short stay) takes up to 15 days. If long-term residence permits or visa for employment in Germany are applied for, the processing time will be up to several months.Why no VFS appointment slots are currently available? ›
Appointments are made available for booking up to 90 days from current date. If message “No Slots Available” is displayed, you should try again in a few days' time. You can only book one appointment per person (no duplicate appointment allowed by the system).How do I book a visa appointment? ›
To get started, visit the U.S. Visa Information and Appointment Services website. Select “Temporary- Non Immigrant visas”. Then select the country of the embassy you chose in Step 2. Click apply (because never used this site before and you have completed a DS-160).How do I get a visa for Germany from Canada? ›
- Hold a passport valid at least six months on entry with one blank visa page.
- Hold proof of onward/return flights.
- Hold all documents required for the next destination.
- Hold proof of sufficient funds relative to your intended length of stay.
What documents do I need to apply for German visa? ›
- Germany Visa Application Form.
- Valid Passport.
- Two identical Germany Visa Photos.
- Proof of Accommodation in Germany.
- Transportation / Round trip reservation or itinerary.
- Adequate Health Insurance Coverage.
- Proof of Financial Means.
The country with the fastest Schengen visa processing time is Lithuania. Places like Germany and France get many visa applications because they're very popular with tourists and business travelers.Can I get Schengen visa in 3 days? ›
You will have to wait at least 15 days for your Schengen Visa to be processed, though the processing time will depend on your case. In specific cases, embassies can take 30 days to process a visa, and the Schengen Visa processing time could even be as long as 60 days in extraordinary circumstances.Which Schengen appointment is easiest? ›
- Luxembourg – with a rejection rate as low as 1.2 percent out of total 2,383 Schengen visa applications received.
- Slovakia – 2.7 percent out of 3,886 applications.
- Lithuania – 2.8 percent out of 24,764 applications.
It is not possible to get a London appointment for any Schengen country to get a visa, this is because companies are buying all the appointments and selling them for £250-£500 (just for the appointment before the visa fees). Meaning only rich people who require visas can go to the Schengen area.How long does it take to get a Schengen visa appointment? ›
The processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 calendar days according to the Schengen Visa Code.What is the fastest processing time for Schengen visa? ›
When making travel plans to Schengen countries, it is important to consider the processing time for Schengen visas. Fastest Schengen Visa processing time: Less than 72 hours. Slowest Schengen Visa processing time: More than 15 days.What if there are no appointments available for visa? ›
If there are currently no appointments available, please go back to the scheduling system at a later time. Our office typically schedules additional appointment slots on a rolling basis depending on the demand for appointments. Therefore, we recommend you check the appointment system periodically for availability.How much is VFS appointment fee? ›
In local currency, this amount is approximately 2909 INR. A convenience fee of INR 165/- is also applicable.Can I book visa appointment without paying visa fees? ›
Applicants must make a successful payment before they are permitted to schedule their interview appointment. Applicants who do not pay the correct fee for their visa type may be restricted from scheduling an interview.
How long is the waitlist for German visa? ›
German Embassy in New Delhi – up to 10 weeks. German Consulate General in Kolkata – up to 1 week.How many days does it take for Germany visa to be approved? ›
How long does a German visa take? German visas take around 6–12 weeks to be processed from the time of an interview with the German consulate. This means you should start the process of your visa application around 4–5 months before your trip to Germany.What is the minimum bank balance for Schengen visa Germany? ›
For a German Schengen visa application from India, you're generally required to provide proof that you have at least EUR 45 (equivalent to INR 4,049.18)* per day.How do I register with VFS Global to book appointment? ›
1. Schedule an appointment:To schedule an appointment use Schedule an appointment link on the left menu. 2. Reschedule an appointment: To reschedule an appointment, user need to have the reference number with valid future appointment.When VFS slots open in India? ›
Appointment slots will open on the 10th of the preceding month for the next month and will remain open till the slots are exhausted. . Eg: For the month of January 2023, slots will open on December 10, 2022.Why VFS Canada is not opening in India? ›
Due to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the Visa Application Centres (VACs) in India will be offering limited services until further notice.Can you book a visa appointment online? ›
Complete and print a DS-160 electronic visa application form. Click on the "Schedule Appointment" button below to select an available date and time for an appointment.How do I book a visa appointment via email? ›
- Write a clear subject line. An email should have “glance-value”. ...
- Use a salutation. ...
- Introduce yourself (if necessary). ...
- Explain why you want to meet. ...
- Be flexible about time and place. ...
- Request a reply or confirmation. ...
- Send a reminder.
Applicants should apply as early as possible keeping in mind the average processing times and their intended date of travel. Most countries accept visa applications up to 90 days before your date of travel.Can Canadians enter Germany visa free? ›
Canadian citizens do not need a visa for travel to countries within the Schengen area. However, visa-free travel only applies to stays of up to 90 days in any 180-day period.
How long does it take to get Schengen visa for Germany from Canada? ›
Where and How to Apply for a Germany Visa in Canada? The processing of an application for a Schengen Visa takes approximately two weeks. The German Consulate will generally accept visa applications three months before entry into Germany at the earliest.Can I visit Germany with Canadian travel document? ›
Holders of a blue Canadian Travel Document (Convention of July 28th, 1951) do not need a visa for transit and/or short term stay (e.g. for tourism or business purposes for up to 90 days) in Germany. You are allowed to travel to Germany without a visa for a duration up to 90 days.What is the difference between Schengen visa and German visa? ›
German visas are valid for anywhere between three and 12 months, depending on the type of visa you applied for. Schengen visas are valid for a maximum of 90 days (within 180 days) from your arrival date. The Schengen visa is not valid before the arrival date you provide on your visa application.What documents are required for German tourist visa from India? ›
Eligibility requirements to apply for Germany tourist visa:
Issue date of passport must be within the previous ten years. Passport size photos. A copy of your completed and signed application form. Proof of hotel bookings, flight bookings and a detailed plan of your activities during the duration of your stay in ...
Signed declaration of travel with valid medical insurance. Valid passport (issued within the last 10 years and with at least 3 months' validity after. the scheduled return); passports with observations regarding the front data page will. not be accepted; passport must have at least two empty pages to affix visa.Does German Embassy verify bank statements? ›
Do embassies verify the submitted bank statement? If yes , how do they do it? Yes, most embassies verify the bank statements visa applicants submit alongside their visa applications.How much is the Schengen visa fee for Germany? ›
The visa fee for a German Schengen visa is around €60. Also, there is a processing fee involved in your application. That can vary from USD $170.49 to USD $175.49 depending on how fast you need the application reviewed by experts. You can start the application process online and then go for your interview later.Do I need to submit my passport for German visa? ›
A passport is among the first documents checked out of your visa application. If you passport is not as required, then the visa consular will not proceed further with the rest of the documents, but will automatically reject your application.How do I book an appointment for Schengen visa in Germany? ›
Appointments for Schengen Visas
For submission of your Schengen visa application at your nearest Visa Application Centre, please schedule an appointment at VFS Global by telephone (022-67866013) or online.
Estonia, Malta and Slovenia rejected the most number of Schengen visa applications from India, while Germany, Italy and Hungary accepted the most, Economic Times reported citing the recent Schengen visa statistics. Estonia rejected the highest share of visas from India in 2022 - 56 per cent of 1,986 applications.
Which country gives Schengen visa easily in India? ›
Luxembourg. In 2021, Luxembourg topped the statistical list once again for the country that accepted the most number of visa applications. The country rejected only 29 visas from the 2,384 applications it received. Go for: Hiking trails, stunning castles and fine-dining at a number of Michelin-starred restaurants.How can I apply for Schengen visa from USA to Indian? ›
- Choose the type of Schengen visa that you need.
- Determine where to file your application.
- Fill the Schengen Visa Application form.
- Book an appointment.
- Collect the required documents.
- Show up at the appointment.
Best Europe Visa Agency
Visas Association is one of the largest and most reliable Schengen Visa agencies. You may be surprised to know that the Schengen Visa is one of the world's hardest-to-get visas.
Apply on Walk-in basis either without an appointment, before your scheduled appointment date or after missing your appointment date. This service allows applicants to submit their application without appointment, or before and after their scheduled appointment date, during opening hours of the Visa Application Centre.How to get Schengen Visa appointment easily? ›
Book a Schengen visa appointment in order to proceed with your application. Most countries give you a chance to book an appointment online. On the other hand, in others, you will need to book the appointment in person at the embassy or consulate of your destination country.Why are there no appointments for Schengen visa? ›
It is not possible to get a London appointment for any Schengen country to get a visa, this is because companies are buying all the appointments and selling them for £250-£500 (just for the appointment before the visa fees). Meaning only rich people who require visas can go to the Schengen area.How do I schedule a visa appointment? ›
To get started, visit the U.S. Visa Information and Appointment Services website. Select “Temporary- Non Immigrant visas”. Then select the country of the embassy you chose in Step 2. Click apply (because never used this site before and you have completed a DS-160).How long does it take to get an appointment at the German embassy? ›
Within 120 minutes a confirmation email with your reference number. 2. Approximately 3 to 6 weeks prior to your appointment to apply for a visa you will receive a e-mail with the exact date of your appointment.How to make an appointment? ›
- Introduce yourself. The first thing to do in a conversation is to introduce yourself. ...
- Explain why you're contacting them. ...
- Gauge their interest. ...
- Ask questions. ...
- Confirm the date and time. ...
- Personalize your communication. ...
- Be confident. ...
- Stay organized.
Please bear in mind that appointments must be made in advance for all consular matters!
How many times I can reschedule German visa appointment? ›
It is unfortunately not possible to exchange appointments. You can at any time cancel your appointment and book a new appointment through the appointment system.What to do if visa appointments are not available? ›
If there are currently no appointments available, please go back to the scheduling system at a later time. Our office typically schedules additional appointment slots on a rolling basis depending on the demand for appointments. Therefore, we recommend you check the appointment system periodically for availability.How long does it take to get a Schengen appointment? ›
The processing time for a Schengen visa is 15 calendar days according to the Schengen Visa Code. Please arrange your appointment to submit your application as early as possible. You may apply up to six months before the start of the intended visit.How far in advance should I book a visa appointment? ›
For nonimmigrant visa applicants, it is advised that they make a booking three months in advance of their intended travel date.What is the fastest way to get a German visa? ›
- Find out what kind of German visa you need.
- Check where you need to apply.
- Fulfil the German short-stay visa application form.
- Collect the statutory Germany visa requirements. ...
- Schedule a visa interview.
- Attend the interview at the appropriate German Embassy/Consulate/VAC.
During our regular telephone hours, please call 404 905 0000. You can also send us an email. We will respond as quickly as possible. If you have an extreme emergency outside of our regular telephone hours, please call 202 298 4000.How long does it take to get a visa for Germany from India? ›
The processing time for Schengen visa starts only once the application reaches the Consulate. This might take up to SIX working days depending on the delivery conditions and public holidays.